1. Take clothes with many different uses. A shirt-dress can be worn to dinner by itself and dressed down for day with jeans.
2. Wear comfortable shoes and pack dress-up ones. While traveling with only one pair of shoes is tempting, if that pair is an uncomfortable set of heels, wearing them for three days straight is not worth the trouble. Travel in comfy shoes and carry the heels for later on, if you need them at all.
3. Put your own toiletries in smaller bottles. Avoid having to use cheap, complimentary hotel shampoo by filling old sample bottles with your own brand and taking it with you in a small zip-lock bag.
4. Protect your clothes and luggage while saving space by double-bagging your bathroom supplies in two zip-lock bags. They can easily fit in with your outfits while protecting from accidental spillage.
5. Wear jewelry that can go with any outfit so you only have to bring one set. This will prevent you from misplacing excess accessories and make it easy to pack and change locations.
6. Get a practical overnight bag. We love the kind that have rolling wheels, are expandable, and can also be carried as a back-pack. Extra pockets for all of your belongings are always a plus.
7. Don’t forget your camera, cell phone and battery chargers to stay in touch and capture your trip!
8. Choose an exciting destination and hit the road!